Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Year Long Hair Journey

Its been one whole year since I have had my hair.  Seems like forever and yet like only yesterday.  I have been through a lot of different emotions, styles and phases this year.  I am still struggling every day with being confident and embracing my hair or lack there of.   A year ago I was still going through chemo and had pending surgeries and was terrified at the prospect of being bald.  Today I am happy and healthy and excited to have hair and look forward to lots of new fun hairstyles. Here is my hair journey for this year:


One year ago today. Officially Bald!!
 
 And the wiggin out begins!







 Going All Natural!!



And this is what one year of hair growth looks like!  In actuality my hair didn't start growing back until a couple of months after my last chemo, so not until around October and then it started slower and splotchy, so I am hopeful that the next year will bring a lot more hair with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment