Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hair Woes

6 weeks post chemo

Feeling pretty good. Energy is getting better and muscle aches are subsiding. Did the Susan G Komen Race For A Cure 5k and it kicked my butt. Just walked it and afterwards I was beat!!! But it's a start.

Hair is starting to grow, but SLOWLY!!! I hate being bald!  I hate wigs! Hate them! They are itchy, uncomfortable and hot and none of them look "natural", but yet I also hate going without them. I feel awkward and self conscious and exposed.  I just can't wait for my hair to be back!
Here is the very little hair growth as of today:

 
In the meantime I make many many attempts to try and find a look that I like that is also comfortable, easy and cool, but so far I have not been incredibly successful.  I will continue on my quest as I fear I have a very loooong road back to pretty hair!! :(



Only 3 weeks left til my surgery.  21 day countdown til I am free of these plastic nightmares!!

And today is the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Please if you haven't already, do a self exam.  Check regularly, be familiar with your body regularly so that you will notice any changes right away.  It can happen to anyone.  I never in a million years thought that this would happen to me.  Don't wait for the doctor to check annually, don't wait until you are scheduled for a mammogram.  You have to look out for you on a regular basis and know your own body and any changes from your "normal".  I love you all and please take care of yourselves!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment