Friday, October 24, 2014

Ouch

Wednesday Oct 22, 2014

5:30am- Alarm goes off, I get up and eat some breakfast, cause I can't eat anything after 6am. (Boo)

8:15- Glenn walks Riley to school

11:30- Get in the car and head down to Orange (I'm Thirsty)

12:45- Get called back and get in my gown, blood pressure taken, IV placed and wait. (Anxiety kicks in)

2:05- Dr. Gaon comes in and does his markings all over my chest and stomach.

2:15- Anesthesiologist comes in and starts prepping his drugs for me.

2:30- Kiss Glenn and get rolled away down the hall.

5:00- Struggle to open my eyes, feel very tired, nauseous and in pain.
Ask for more drugs, they try to put it in my IV and realize that my IV has come out and the drugs that they had put in already had infiltrated into my hand. Anesthesiologist puts in another IV and pumps some more pain medication.  Nurse tries to bring me crackers to eat, but I need something gluten free, so they have to hunt down something else. They bring me some yogurt.  It is very sweet. Something like Boston Crème Pie. I stomach a few bites. Stomach starts doing flips.  Go to the restroom and have some dry heaves then start throwing up some green substance.  It is unpleasant. Get dressed back into my clothes and wheeled out to the car.  I grab the plastic bag provided to me for the drive home. 

7:30- Get home, walking from the car into the house proves to be too much. Quickly get to the
bathroom just in time. Go to bed and proceed to try every possible position with every possible pillow to get comfortable and do not succeed.

12:30am- Move to the couch and attempt to sleep, but just spend the night watching Big Bang Theory reruns. 

Fast forward to today, Friday October 24th.  In a drugged up haze.  I can barely keep my eyes open, but not actually sleep.  I did sleep last night though for a bit, so seeing some progress.  The pain is starting to lessen slightly, so I am hoping to be able to transition to less drugs maybe tomorrow. 

I keep thinking about how grateful I am that we bought these new couches this year. Thank goodness my husband insisted on spending the extra money for the reclining seats. I never imagined how much time I would be spending on them when we bought them, but it has definitely gotten its use this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment