Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Moving on!

Over two months since my last post.   No news is good news, right?  Nothing to report.  The last couple of months have basically been full of fun, normal life.  Celebrating birthdays and enjoying family gatherings and Christmas celebrations and the start of a wonderful new year and putting this incredibly scary, terrifying, difficult year behind me.  I am feeling pretty good.  The hormone blockers give me hot flashes and some mild bone pain, but overall it is tolerable.  
I want to be able to just be happy and positive that I made it through this whole ordeal and put it behind me, but I am still full of fear and apprehension.  I had my first of what I am sure will be many many paranoid, panicked freakouts.  I had some pain that I couldn't find any reason for and of course immediately went into a full blown panic. I was truly and genuinely petrified.  I tried to do the normal "I'm sure its nothing" conversation in my head, but the last time I had that conversation with myself, I ended up being a liar, so now its hard to take my word!!  I hope the fear gets better and lessens with time, but I don't know how much time will be enough.  I am happy to report that I followed up with the doctor and the pain has subsided and all the blood tests came back great and I am cancer free.
I am still also struggling with the hair loss.  I miss my hair. A LOT!! 
I have always had long hair.
I loved my long hair.
It was my security blanket and it was very important to me. 
I have been hiding behind wigs, hats, caps and scarves.
I am sick of all of them, but I have really been struggling with building up enough confidence to not hide behind anything.  I have discovered that I am way more insecure than I thought I was.  I wish I was one of those ladies that embraced this and rocked the bald and brought out my inner badass, but I am not.  I am very self conscious about rocking my short little locks.  But I am trying very hard to let it go and just embrace what I have to work with. 
It has been six months since I lost my hair and today was the first day that I went out of the house without "hiding" behind anything and it was really really hard, but I'm working on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment